NIIOS Academy offers a Cornea Fellowship Program for ophthalmologists who wish to further specialize in corneal surgery. Our fellowships are an outstanding educational opportunity. As a fellow at the world’s leading center of expertise in corneal surgery, you will work closely with an enthusiastic team of corneal specialists, medical biologists and researchers.
As a fellow, you will participate in every aspect of NIIOS’ innovative work and you will be part of the NIIOS staff.
- You will be trained in advanced procedures for corneal transplantation under the guidance of Viridiana Kocaba, MD, PhD. You will participate in the OR and in the clinic.
- Clinical and laboratory-based research activities at NIIOS R&D will acquaint you with the state of the art in corneal research. You will be involved in at least one or two ‘own’ scientific projects in collaboration with our R&D team.
- If you are interested, you will receive the opportunity to get a training at our eye bank. Laboratory work at Amnitrans EyeBank Rotterdam will provide you with training in the surgical preparation and preservation of donor corneal tissue to be used in advanced transplantation procedures.
- Participation in grand rounds including presentation of clinical cases.
- Participation in monthly wetlab to learn all the techniques of keratoplasties. We have own wetlab facilities to practice in.
- Opportunity to present research outcomes at ophthalmic congresses.
- You will be introduced into our fellows alumni network.
The duration of a Cornea Fellowship is preferably a year.
If you are an enthusiastic ophthalmologist or corneal specialist from the EU who is eager to learn, please apply for a fellowship here or contact Christa de Kort at email@example.com for more information.
Ook Nederlandse oogartsen worden hierbij van harte uitgenodigd om te solliciteren naar een eenjarige fellowship bij ons. Ons fellowship biedt u een uitstekende kans om samen te werken met een enthousiast team van hoornvliesspecialisten, medisch biologen en onderzoekers. Graag ontvangen wij uw cv en motivatiebrief via firstname.lastname@example.org of email@example.com.
If you’d like to see the doctors who have already completed a fellowship at NIIOS, take a look at our Fellow Alumni Club.